• Personable, listens well, act as leader, as needed,work very well alone and with team members, as needed, with very limited management oversight.
Event Design and Coordination
• Create and manage symposium, lectures, workshops, and conferences for government agencies, nonprofits, schools, and businesses on a variety of topics and issues, including environmental and outdoor education.
• Connect with and schedule keynote, lecture, and workshop speakers.
• Manage volunteers.
• Implement publicity.
• Administer registration.
• Supervise budget and accounting.
Educational Program Development
• Collaborate with clients to design and create natural, historical, and cultural resource educational programs —including classes, workshops, hikes, field trips and camps— for mixed-age, multi-cultural groups.
• Author the curriculum for the programs, including: syllabus, audio-visuals, Powerpoint, written, illustrations, and kinesthetic.
• Conduct the programs.
Communications and Public Relations
• Write press releases, brochures, calendar listings, blogs, articles, editorials, reviews, and essays for varied audiences, varied publications, and for varied purposes.
• Edit, design and prepare for publication newsletters, press releases, brochures, flyers, posters, articles, books, and other publications, for individuals, nonprofits, businesses, and government agencies.
• Build and maintain publicity and media contacts for events and organizations.
• Present dramatic monologues, presentations, lectures, and t raining sessions to public and private groups on a variety of historical, cultural, and environmental topics.
• Conduct workshops, seminars, and classes with large and small mixed-age, multi-cultural groups.
• Lead interpretive hikes, field trips, and camping trips.
• Coach private students.
• Meet, greet and assist the public in a variety of situations.
Customer Service: Customer Service and Hospitality
• Retail: direct customer service and interaction, stocking, and operate the cash register.
• Cook and bake from scratch, ferment food and beverages, deep knowledge of traditional foods.
• Prepare and plan meals and other food events for large and small groups in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings.
• Direct and manage food and/or cleaning crew.
• Work the retail floor, coffeeshop counters, and other snack/beverage venues.
• Prepare and serve beverages and food.
• Practice collage, book arts, and knitting/handicrafts.
• Guide poetry and memoir workshops.
• Graphic design.
• Belly Dance: preform and teach.
• Yoga: practice and teach.
• 5Rhythms dance.
• Orchard, garden, landscape planning, preparation,and maintenance, using organic methods including composting, mulching, permiculture, and rotation planting.
• Small animal care
• Team with management and boards of directors to meet organization’s goals and objectives.
• Direct employees and volunteers for specific and ongoing events.
• Plan and manage the budgets.
• Apply for grants.
• Conduct needs assessments.
• Facilitate and design social networking (Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, etc).
• Produce web content.
• Web writing and publishing.
• Software: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Word, Quicken, chat and virtual community software.
Park Ranger-Interpretation, National Park Service.
Redwood National and State Parks, Bandelier National Monument, Lassen Volcanic National Park, Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve, Salinas Pueblo Missions, Muir Woods. 2010 - 2017.
Communications, Education, Event Coordinator, Writer and Editor, and Graphic Design.
1990 - 2009.
(Previous? Please ask.)
B.A. History and American Studies, The University of Texas at Austin.
References, publications, and client list available on request.